Close to 600 000 euros will be invested in a project of Literacy and Adult Education Inclusive in Mozambique whose target group is vulnerable, particularly disabled most notably for the blind. The project is funded by the European Union (EU), with 75% of the total funding, and the remaining 25% financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany (BMZ). The availability of this amount was announced Tuesday in Maputo, during the launch of the project itself for Literacy and Adult Education Inclusive in Mozambique by the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Association for Adult Education (DVV International) and Association of Blind and Partially Sighted Moçambique.Este project will cover only two provinces country, namely Maputo and Sofala, and will be implemented for a period of three years (2012-2015). It is estimated that the same project could be around 100 000 young and adult illiterates or semi-literate in two províncias.Segundo was revealed, the project in question is intended to contribute to the provision, integration of literacy and academic skill building for vulnerable groups particularly people with disabilities at the meeting físicas.Falando, Laurindo Nhacume, national director of Adult Education, recognized the importance of the project, claiming that the Government has not yet been able to respond to the educational requirements of the disabled especially the blind. Nhacume regretted that there are still many disabled people in the country outside the national education system, for alleged inadequacies of programs and special technical literacy of this vulnerable group.
Meanwhile, David Harrington, director of the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Association for Adult Education (DVV International), said the project fits now released under the contribution of their guild "DVV International" to promote equal opportunities through the process of providing access to education. The source is committed to the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Association for Adult Education (DVV International) continue to fund projects of access to education to reduce illiteracy rates, especially among vulnerable groups, particularly the blind.
Another problem that complicates the process of teaching and learning for the blind is the lack of teaching materials facing the visually impaired. This situation has been frustrating the intentions of the disabled to escolarizarem, revealed the second representative of the Association of Blind and Partially Sighted of Mozambique, during the launch of the draft Literacy and Adult Education in Inclusive Moçambique.A source said that the draft literacy can greatly reduce the level of illiteracy that affects many blind. However, he appealed to the spread of this project to other provinces to cover a greater number of disabled visuais.Refira is concerned that the project will only cover two provinces, namely Maputo and Sofala. (A. Frades)