Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Divide the country? No! Would call into question the national unity.

Slim, aged and restrained words, Afonso Dhlakama rose from his castle, Satungira, which always lurks when it feels threatened. The place is difficult to access and who gets there first, you do not know the way back.Journalists leave their vehicles in the woods and make tens of kilometers transported in motorized. When they think they have reached the destination, there are also seven kilometers that will leave all tired because they are made on foot. In the midst of thick trees, and they produce lots of shade, sees the "fortress" of Afonso Dhlakama: a small house built wooden base, chop and clay.The Renamo leader had not been seen for four months. Is slimmer, calmer, but does not escape him the idea of ​​rule by force the six provinces where the largest number of votes. In the interview that follows, Dhlakama said that "being governor or administrator means not having a physical space" and adds that Frelimo and Filipe Nyusi trampled the Constitution, being the rule based on fraud. The Renamo leader also has a simple vision of the Constitution: "Peace and political stability can not be hostage of a paper written by the man himself." The following are the most significant parts of the interview with the man who leads the Renamo since October 1977.

The Renamo president Afonso Dhlakama, has said it will rule by force, from March, the provinces where the largest number of votes in the general elections of 2014. How will you achieve this?

No doubt that will be the ongoing struggle for democracy. We intend to continue the fight and complete the objectives we set in 1977, when we began the struggle for democracy. Therefore, it is clear that I did not come here (Satungira) to return to take up arms. What I wanted was to continue to maintain popular meetings throughout the country to explain and guide the people about the steps that should be taken to a genuine democracy. But unfortunately, my brothers Frelimo directed the Armed Forces and Mozambique Defense to eliminate me physically. This is no secret. Incidentally, the Defence Forces themselves have already announced publicly that they were the ones who attacked my entourage in Manica and then surrounded my residence in Beira, which forced me to leave the border on foot far. Here, I feel safe. I came here not to show my guerrilla capability. I came here to show the ability of a peaceful leader, a leader still willing to negotiate. Announced, in fact, the formation of our government from March. Maybe ask me ... 'Mr. President, how will you rule in the six provinces already exist governors there?'. Be governor or administrator does not mean having a physical space, that is by no means enter into the palace of my sister Helena Taipo or then in Zambezia governor's palace. Democracy is not made in the offices. We do not need a luxury office with air conditioning, internet and everything, we do not need luxury chairs. I'm driving Renamo from a house made of straw and sticks. To govern means to coordinate all activities in all districts. Have in hand all the executive power, ie the population is on your side and deal with domestic and foreign investors. Now, if the current governors show resistance to our governance and then ordering the Defence and Security Forces to undermine our government, then we will have no choice but to push them ... a little ... out of the palace and put our governors in those palaces. So the answer would be it. It is a satisfying and national reconciliation response.

The decision to create a new government, when there is already one, hits the Constitution ...

No, no, no. But our Constitution does not say that a party can form a government without having won the elections, as Frelimo did. Legally, I and Renamo is that we are on track, and we are not violating the constitution because we won the elections and we can rightfully form a government, as we do in March. Moreover, at least we will govern where notices They confirm that Dhlakama and Renamo had a majority. President Nyusi and Frelimo are governing or where they lost, then where they won through fraud. These is that smote the Constitution.

The Constitution does not say who has the most votes in a province must, from there, to govern it.

I recognize. The Constitution does not say that. But the Constitution does not say that those who steal votes and using the police to suppress his opponents is that it should govern. The Constitution does not say that those who do this as my brothers Frelimo, should be protected. We are also playing with the Constitution of Mozambique. But there is a way out of this. We do a review of our Constitution. We invite domestic and foreign constitutionalists to make an amendment to the Constitution. The Constitution must serve the best interests of a people, not a handful of people. Peace and political stability can not be hostage of a paper written by the man himself. Enough! We are not saying that we put borders on the river Save to divide the country. Then yes, I would be violating the Constitution and jeopardizing national unity.

This decision means that Renamo dialogue is definitely closed?

Resultado de imagem para dhlakamaCertainly. Even if you were in my place, after those attacks that suffered, all the confidence that had deposited in the government of Frelimo and President Nyusi crumbled worse when I learned that the attacks were perpetrated by the Defence and Security Forces, which, after all , they are controlled by the same person who says he wants to talk with me. Honestly, they did not attack a base, planificaram my death. If not dead, it is because God is with me. So tell me there why should I believe in people who tried to kill me three times when I always showed readiness to talk. We conclude that our brothers are not interested in dialogue, then, from now on, we will dictate the rules. First, let's show our governors and then we will deal with the question of my well-defined safety and with the mediation of the Catholic Church and President Jacob Zuma of South Africa.

Despite its positioning, the President has been saying that there are contacts and openness to dialogue ...
I pity. But I say that the President is missing the truth to Mozambicans. After my departure from Beira, days after his sending surround my home, I am sure he is who sent because it is the Commander-in-Chief of the Defence and Security Forces who were in my house, there has never been contact between the government and Renamo around the dialogue. Lost confidence in the mediators. They even spoke about those events and decided to appeal to the Catholic Church and the mediation of the president of South Africa. We were positively answered both by the church, as well as the South African President. But both the church as well as the South African President, are waiting for the Mozambican Government expresses the same desire to help us. a few days ago, I saw in STV the President to say that will do everything in their power to "pull the president Dhlakama for the city." Pull? I'm not a hole. I am in Mozambique and among the population. If indeed there is a change of attitude on the part of the Government, we are prepared. But even if there is a change of attitude for the better, my answer is: only after we establish our government. It is this government that will dictate the rules of dialogue. I know he was talking about pulling me after the meeting with the British Minister for Africa, a minister who spoke for 25 minutes on the phone with me. I advised the minister to inform the President that I want peace. I do not wanna die. I think he would not want a day was ambushed by Renamo guerrillas to come down from a helicopter. I'm not a terrorist.

The president says he is struggling to hold talks with his party for lack of organization.

(Laughs) Lack of organization? When they tried to kill me is not because they knew that I am the leader. We have a Secretary-General who is number two. I have an office that works in Maputo. We have a bench in the National Assembly. All these bodies are physically reachable and have hierarchy. With whom the government negotiated in Rome? With whom the Government was negotiating at the Conference Centre Joaquim Chissano? It is propaganda. Renamo has structure. Structure does not only mean Afonso Dhlakama. For me it is a way to truthfully to Mozambicans. It is a way to not justify the attacks against my person. I was waiting for some announcement of the Head of State on September attacks and the fence at my house. Anything. But those who attacked were the Armed Forces and the President is the Commander-in-Chief. So he knew of plans to eliminate me. Now he states that we have no leadership. Now I'm willing to deal with issues of the future of my country.

Circulate information realizing that Renamo is to train young people and arm them. No. We are not training young people. There have been several requests and all were rejected. The guerrillas did you see along the way to here where we are all former guerrillas and is with them that we are putting new barracks in the six provinces to defend our government. I can not hide it. We started this action recently. It is a response to the actions of the Government, that every day sends young people from the Defense and Security Forces in the regions where we won. I know they will try to create resistance in the regions where we won and I strategically as a leader and general, only send three of my fighters to push them.

It has been issuing orders for attacks outbreaks that have been reported in some areas of the country and the police blamed Renamo?
Resultado de imagem para dhlakamaWe barracks in the provinces. In response to the attacks we have suffered in these barracks, perpetrated by the Defence and Security Forces, we have come out in defense, for example, what happened in Chigubo, Gaza province. They tried to attack our base. They were followed by our forces and were attacked. Morrumbala, in Zambezia, is happening the same. I confirm that the attacks are in response to attacks on our bases. We have done it in self-defense, in fact, the best defense is a good offense. No longer will be like the past. But the same day that the government stop following us, we will stop immediately.

How do you react to the attack on the secretary-general of Renamo?
Simple. Try to shut up. I know I'm in Satungira and he is number two. I want to remind that Manuel Bissopo was shot when followed for the Marromeu district, where he had scheduled several political meetings with the population. They tried to kill him to intimidate us. Renamo, when a member is killed for political reasons, we are more united and stronger.

I want to take appeal to my brothers Frelimo to immediately stop abducting and murdering our membership base. Here in Gorongosa many demobilized war and Frelimo members. It costs us nothing to go home to them and physically eliminate them. Fortunately, this is not practical Renamo. We are a party of the Right and believe in God. It is a sin for us. Every human being has the right to life. I know there are North Koreans to train young people on the basis of Matalane, which are then distributed among the central provinces, with a list of Renamo members who must be killed. They are creating terror in the bosom of our members. Stop Please.

Who do you see in Renamo as his successor?

(Laughs) I do not know, do not know. Each member shall show enough work to win sympathy of the members and to the presidency of the party. I can not show anyone because it is not traditional power. My father, Mangunde kinglet, is preparing one of my brothers to replace him. I was elected and the next president will also be elected according to the party statutes.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment